Looking for information on SMSC?
We've put together a site dedicated
to SMSC in primary and secondary schools.
(or close this window)
The PrimaryGrid is perfect for managing the delivery of SMSC
It enables teachers to:
- Plan lessons or activities and map them against the individual SMSC values they cover
- Record evidence of SMSC values in ANY teaching activity (including extra-curricular and enrichment activities)
- Analyse coverage of SMSC values across the whole school and identify omission or duplication in provision
- Share ideas and best practice with other members of staff, family schools or partner organisations
- Impress parents, carers and Ofsted inspectors with evidence of thorough SMSC coverage
A fast and effective SMSC Planner...
The Grid provides teachers with a SMSC Planner to map out their lessons or activities and the SMSC values they will cover.
The SMSC Planner enables teachers to:
- Schedule lessons to deliver SMSC values alongside curriculum content
- Avoid repetition of SMSC covered in previous lessons or activities
- Ensure SMSC values are incorporated into most learning opportunities
- Collaborate with other staff by sharing SMSC planning information
- Utilise funds for SMSC related activities (trips, visitors) more efficiently
Record evidence of SMSC in 60 seconds!
The Grid includes a range of easy-to-use tools, specially designed to help teachers record evidence of delivering SMSC.
This unique approach enables teachers to:
- Capture valuable evidence of SMSC following ANY activity
- Map lessons or activities against a range of SMSC values
- Identify SMSC embedded in the curriculum
- Gain recognition for delivering SMSC in lessons or activities
- Use the whiteboard to record evidence of SMSC during class discussions
Analyse SMSC across the whole school in minutes!
The Grid automatically creates interactive curriculum maps, dynamic bar charts and bespoke reports for analysing coverage of SMSC frameworks across the whole school.
These powerful features enable senior leaders and managers to:
- Evaluate how and where teachers integrate SMSC in lessons
- Oversee the delivery of SMSC across the whole curriculum
- Review lessons and activities across multiple year groups
- Identify exemplary SMSC teachers or those that need support
- Review the overall impact of SMSC on teaching and learning
Share evidence of SMSC at the click of a button!
The Grid allows teachers and managers to share valuable evidence of SMSC via the internet, by email, or with printed reports.
This flexibility enables teachers and managers to:
- Share impressive evidence of SMSC with parents, carers and Ofsted
- Provide access to up-to-date information about SMSC coverage
- Access the Grid during staff meetings and training sessions
- Highlight SMSC best practice to other schools and external partners
- Invite feedback from outside organisations or consultants
Impress parents and Ofsted inspectors!
The Grid allows schools to impress parents and Ofsted inspectors with detailed evidence of SMSC.
This unique 'window' on the school enables you to:
- Show parents how their children are developing skills through SMSC
- Present parents with personalised reports on parents evening
- Demonstrate thorough coverage of SMSC to Ofsted
- Promote your school to prospective parents
- Raise the profile of the school when recruiting new staff
This three minute video shows you...
- Why you need the PrimaryGrid (1 min)
- What you can achieve with the PrimaryGrid (1 min)
- How the PrimaryGrid works (1 min)